Friday, June 25, 2010

Recap - Group A

Group A:

South Africa vs. Mexico:
The world cup opened with one underdog and a regular world cup participant. I wasn't sure what to expect of south Africa soccer-wise. From Mexico, I could expect lots of optimism, and backyard quality soccer. Not the joga-bonito poetry that Brazil has performed for years... but the type that boys play when they are young.

Uruguay vs. France:
Seeing how France got 2nd place in the 2006 Germany Fifa world cup, I was expecting France to beat the shit of out Uruguay. As the matches took place, the world saw the French's team slow decay into crap.

South Africa vs. Uruguay:
I don't think I saw this match, but Uruguay was def. working it after having defeated the former soccer world power (e.g. LA FRANCE)

France vs. Mexico:
... CINCO DE MAYO ALL OVER AGAIN =D
http://www.mexonline.com/cinco-de-mayo.htm

Mexico vs. Uruguay:
seeing how Uruguay won the past games... it is def. safe to say that Uruguay is slightly better than Mexico, who had one win and one draw at this point in the road to glory.

France vs. South Africa:
FAIL FRANCE!!
VIVE L'AFRIQUE DU SUD!! =D


End Result: Uruguay is the group champ. LATINO POWER ALL THE WAYY =D

All for now =) I'll come back with a report on FRANCE's performance and my bf shall do ITALY (it's an order u_u <3)

1 comment: